- Export Development Corporation (EDC) 1971-1982 various roles up to and including Senior Treasury Officer
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) 1982-1989 various roles up to and including Assistant General Manager and Chief Dealer, International Money Markets
- Banque Nationale de Paris (Canada) Limited (BNP) 1990, Assistant Vice President, Derivatives
- Confederation Treasury Services Limited (CTSL) 1991-94 Vice President, Money Markets and Foreign Exchange
- Market Street Investment House 1995-1996; Gorinsen Capital Inc. 1996-1999; Westminster Securities Ltd. 1999-2001.
- Union Securities Ltd. October 2001 to May 2009
- MGI Securities May 2009 to present
During his years at CIBC and CTSL, David managed more than $25 billion in money-market and derivatives portfolios.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Carleton University, Ottawa, 1970
- Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) 1995
- National Commodity Futures and Canadian Futures courses
- Canadian Options Course, Chartered Market Technician (CMT) Parts 1 and 2
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) 2009
- Member of the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts